For anyone interested in joining the (WHA) Western Heritage Artists Association, packets are sent out that explain the policies and procedures, the juror’s criteria, program, by-laws and an application. Accepted art for the WHA membership should be any fine arts media. Non-acceptable media include: pottery, clothing, or any craft medium. The WHA is an organization for fine artists with no disrespect to any other group or organization. The WHA considers all of the following in its decision for membership:
- IMPACT – Does the piece make a statement? Is the statement bold, subtle, suggestive? How dose it make you feel?
- ORIGINALITY – Is this a new concept? Is it a creative concept? Is it rendered in a unique fashion? Is it illustrative?
- INTENTION – What does the piece say to you? Is the intent to illustrate, make a statement, or create a feeling?
- DESIGN – Is the piece skillfully rendered, well planned and well thought out? Does the piece show accuracy? Is detail meant to play a part in the composition?
- COMPOSITION – Is the makeup of the piece brought together in a pleasing arrangement? Do all parts of the piece seem necessary? Is the piece well representative of the media(s) utilized?
- OVERALL PRESENTATION – Does the entire presentation appear to be well done and professional?
When submitting photos of artwork please consider, does the photograph do justice to the artwork?
Please send submissions by July 1st to be considered in the juried process to the WHA Membership Chairman:
441 11th Lane NE